Saturday, January 05, 2008

Well, as long as it comes in pink...

It's a Taser party! It started with Tupperware, moved to Discovery Toys, then Pampered Chef, now Tasers! Okay, maybe it's just that my mom is a sucker for these kinds of things. At least I left out Longaberger Baskets.

Since Tupperware, the party sale has been an elusive yet tantalizing occupation for women in all walks of life. And Dana Shafman wants to bring the tradition into the self-defense field. Shafman travels around Arizona and hosts parties where women can hold, test, and buy Tasers. According to Shafman, most women go for the pink taser. "It's a girl power kind of thing," she says.
(Is that dude over on the top right of the picture part of your girl power? I would need a lady showing me how its done at MY Taser party.)

As far as self-defense goes, I think I would shock myself trying to get it out of my backpack or purse. But hey, I guess it's better than SLEEPING WITH A KNIFE UNDER YOUR PILLOW, as Shafman claims to have done!

No comments: