This deserves a full quote. From Feministing.
Watching campaign coverage can be trying. Especially when the talking heads seem hell-bent on relying on racist and sexist sound-bites in lieu of substantive commentary. So to get your though the hard times, we proudly present ....
- Drink anytime someone refers to Clinton's teary moment in NH as "crying," "sobbing," "weepy," or "contrived."
- Take a drink for every "magical negro" reference to Obama.
- Take one drink anytime someone calls Clinton "shrill" or "screechy."
- Chug one whenever you hear of, see, or read Maureen Dowd. Always.
- Two drinks anytime anyone expresses the sentiment that Edwards is at a disadvantage because he isn't black or female.
- Take a shot when a pundit refers to Clinton as (or implies she is) a nagging bitch or cackling witch.
- Drink for any lamenting that white-dude voters are being ignored.
- Take a healthy gulp every time someone describes Obama as "clean" or "articulate."
- Take two shots whenever someone implies that women only vote with their vaginas.
- Warning: Do not watch Chris Matthews under any circumstances--doing so could induce alcohol poisoning.