Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shudder, Shudder

Via Feministe.

An Australian website is promoting brazilian waxes for young girls. How do I know? Well, the website is girl.com, they're pushing Nancy Drew video games, and Baby Gap is advertising on the site. Oh, and the poll results for "Best way to meet guys" (not to be confused with another poll question: "Best place to meet guys")? 41% said Chat Rooms.

Feministe quotes an article, which quotes something I couldn't find on the site:

“Nobody really likes hair in their private regions and it has a childlike appeal.”
Shudder!

If they took that down or it never existed or I just suck at looking, I don't know. But gross.

What I found on the website was actually interesting. I found a good, brief history of Brazilian waxes, and a description of how it works. They joke about the "sadistic" nature of the wax, and suggest a gradual waxing process.

The fact remains that a ten-year old does not need to get waxed. And I can't believe any girl or woman would want to do it.

No comments: