Chicago Sun-Times for jumping into the traditional year-end wrap-up. And I'm all for a list of "The ten women who inspired us in 2007," but just like my last top ten link, this one is really depressing.
While there are some great picks:
- Diablo Cody, feminist stripper-turned-screenwriter
- Hillary Clinton
- Jenny McCarthy, who came out about her son's autism
- Danica McKellar, author of the best-seller math book for girls Math Doesn't Suck. While the title (haven't read the book) is a little quick to assume girls don't like/aren't good at math, the book encourages girls to do something they aren't normally encouraged to do.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt is inspiring because she responded to attacks about her body with,"A Size 2 is not fat"? Sure, she talked a little about girls struggling with body image, but her mention of her specific size seems to negate the good stuff she says.
- Caitlin Upton? The famously ignorant/dumb Miss South Carolina Teen USA? What the fuck?
- Jennifer Hudson, because she won an Oscar despite her painful loss on American Idol.